Our Vision for Physical Education at St. Teresa's
At St Teresa’s we believe that physical education is a unique contributor to pupils’ general motor competence, physical development and well-being.
We strive to provide the children with opportunities to take part in a wide range of sporting activities.
Our hope is that when the children leave St Teresa’s, they have a positive and enthusiastic relationship with exercise and possess some of the knowledge necessary to live healthy lifestyles.
Our Physical Education curriculum aims to:
- To develop skilful use of the body, the ability to remember, repeat and refine action and to perform them with increasing control, co-ordination and fluency.
- To develop an increasing ability to select, link and apply skill, tactics and compositional ideas.
- To improve observation skills and the ability to describe and make judgements on their own and other’s work, and to use their observations and judgements to improve performance.
- To develop an understanding of the effects of exercise on the body, and an appreciation of the value of safe exercising.
- To develop the ability to work independently and communicate with and respond positively towards others.
- To promote an understanding of safe practice, and develop a sense of responsibility towards their own and others’ safety and well-being.