Our Vision for Physical Education at St. Teresa's
At St Teresa’s we believe that physical education is a unique contributor to pupils’ general motor competence, physical development and well-being.
We strive to provide the children with opportunities to take part in a wide range of sporting activities.
Our hope is that when the children leave St Teresa’s, they have a positive and enthusiastic relationship with exercise and possess some of the knowledge necessary to live healthy lifestyles.
Our Physical Education curriculum aims to:
- To develop skilful use of the body, the ability to remember, repeat and refine action and to perform them with increasing control, co-ordination and fluency.
- To develop an increasing ability to select, link and apply skill, tactics and compositional ideas.
- To improve observation skills and the ability to describe and make judgements on their own and other’s work, and to use their observations and judgements to improve performance.
- To develop an understanding of the effects of exercise on the body, and an appreciation of the value of safe exercising.
- To develop the ability to work independently and communicate with and respond positively towards others.
- To promote an understanding of safe practice, and develop a sense of responsibility towards their own and others’ safety and well-being.
Celebrating Sport at St Teresa's
At St Teresa's we are proud of the opportunities we offer our children to compete against other schools in the area. As such, we are an active part of the CPSL (Colchester Primary School League) where we compete in the Football and Netball league as well summer sports such as Cricket and Athletics.
In addition to this, we subscribe to the Colchester and Blackwater School Sports Partnership which offers a variety of Sporting opportunities throughout the year. Please find below photos of all the competitions and festivals we have entered this year which the children and staff alike have thoroughly enjoyed!
Please click on this link to be directed to the CPSL league tables
Amazing Running Rowan!
It is with the greatest of pleasure that I announce Rowan’s running success.
After coming top 3 in the Colchester and Blackwater Cross Country event, he was invited to represent the partnership at County Level where he came 2nd out of the 126 fastest children in Essex.
A huge congratulations to Rowan! Look out team GB, we have a new Olympic runner in our midst!
Cross Partnership Cheerleading festival
25th April 2022
16th March 2022
Our football team at the end of their first league match
4th March 2022
Cross Partnership Basketball festival
25th November 2021
Colchester and Blackwater Cross Country event
9th November 2022
4th November 2021